Search 43.4 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

Friday, July 17, 2009

Made contact!

I made contact with a second cousin in Sweden! I am so happy and we are starting to share information! He saw one of my posts on a message board. If you haven't gone to www.findagrave.com, you should to set up a memorial for your ancestors and if you are not able to visit the area, you can request that someone take a photo of the headstone. You might find some interesting information or at least see the headstone. I have done that and some people are so nice they take the photo and post it right away. I am goimg to try and trace some of my dh family in Canada and other areas of the US and see if I can get some more photos. I requested a transfer of a couple of ancestors but the people wouldn't do it. I did get them to correct some info and attach a link to one or more other memorials of family, parents of siblings. Happy hunting! :)

1 comment:

Census said...

Hi! It's so good when we make contact with our distant cousins...I know it always gives me a thrill.
Thanks for the terrific link...I'll certainly check it out.
Have a great day!