Search 43.4 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Find a Grave

I've been spending some time searching on findagrave.com and found a lot of ancestors listed. I recently had some memorials transferred to me, as the person who first set them up was not related she was just being an angel and helping others find their families. I also found out that they have a forum, which was very interesting. They have a general area and then one for cemetery and genealogy research help. That area is listed by country and then by state for the U.S.. I found some links that will be useful in my research and you can request lookups also. It just proves that there is more online all the time. Rechecking sites can be very helpful. I have so many lines to check, that I get lost at times deciding which to stay with. I try to check all the names I can at various sites, including some of a couple of good friends. Keeps me busy! Be sure to check them out, they do have info for other countries also. You can request a photo of a cemetery/headstone in the forums by country, they are not posted on the site, at least not yet. I don't know how they do it, it is still free! :)

No comments: