Search 43.4 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Computer Woes!

Once again I have computer issues. My antivirus security program, is getting ready to expire soon, so I have to either renew it or buy something else. When my computer was full of trojans etc, my son downloaded a free version of Bit Defender's anitvirus program and it found what was causing issues on my computer and I was able to remove the trojans. So my son decides I should try a 30 day free trial of their full security program, but I still had my Kaspersky and well to make it short, they didn't like each other! I had constant crashes, even in safe mode. It took hours to get it to stay on long enough to do anything. I finally got it to last so I could restore to an earlier date and with both of us working on it the computer is fine now. I am not sure if my computer will take the full Bit Defender program now or not. This poor computer is bits and pieces from Dell, they made it supposedly for Vista but it wouldn't work even with the Dell printer, which they sent me a new one that also wouldn't work with it. Finally after months or replacements we sent it back for XP to be put on it, but they made us send them all the CDs for all the programs. We received this computer badly dented (we believe they kicked it from the way the box looked) and they would never respond to any calls after that. We only had help to begin with going through the Better Business Bureau, but then some jerk took the next step and just stopped it all! We had to try to bend the computer back into shape and one USB no longer worked and one only worked at times. I will never buy a Dell computer again, nor will others I know who have had problems especially with customer support. We talked to people at the Texas main office and then another office in the US and even with that it is a company who doesn't stand behind their product or care if it is under warranty. Our attorney general is a joke and it was useless to complain there either. Well I hope to return later for some info and links. Have a good day! :)

1 comment:

Census said...

It sounds like computers are giving you major problems and the people at Dell sound really nasty!!
I hope you get it sorted out soon.
I have put a link to download the first and second part of Mary, Mary via Media Fire if you want it. yesterday Media Fire was playing up but today it let me upload. I don't know what happened there!
Have a great day!
Hugs
June