Search 43.4 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Preserving recipes

A recent article in a newsletter, reminded me of taking the time to write a culinary journal. The likes and dislikes of various tried recipes, including what family members thought. Then to save those recipes from our mothers and grandmothers. It might even be just a special technique. I wish I had been near my mother more when I would have really been more interested and needed to know some of those special techniques! It wasn't the same over the phone and she always worried that it was costing too much, even if she was the one that called! I remember the first time I had to make Thanksgiving dinner all on my own, and she was a couple of states away, but it felt like half the country away. So many times I wish I had asked more about many subjects. It has been 18 1/2 years since she died, I sure miss her especially at the holidays. We often had big extended family get togethers during the holidays, and everyone brought something, so there were special menu items from each family. It was a great time. I hope everyone had a wonderful time over the holidays. :)

No comments: