Search 43.4 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

Sunday, April 26, 2009

World Digital Library

Interesting site, useful for students and genealogy/history research. The best part is it's free! This is a site for the whole world, there are maps, history, images, all sorts of info. It is divided basically by continent. I tried Europe and found a lot I want to look over. I picked one item, a map of Austria-Hungary, and was able to zoom in very close to read the names of cities. I will definitely be going back to look at info on my areas of research. It is available in several languages too. :)

about the project
http://project.wdl.org/project/english/index.html

the actual library
http://www.wdl.org/en/

2 comments:

Census said...

I loe that site too. It is so full of terrific information!!
Thanks for letting me know about the links...I don't know whats happening with Media Fire it won't let me show just one link!!
It's not even my brain freeze this time, lol!!
Have a great evening!
June

Being Mrs Miles said...

LOL - I'm a packer too, my friend. Thanks for your visit to my blog and I'm glad I came over to your place. Great links!

Have a good day!

Barb