Search 43.4 million cemetery records at by entering a surname and clicking search:
Surname:

Friday, March 6, 2009

Computer Woes!

Well I got a virus and some spyware yet again! I think I got it from 4shared, so I am not going to be using it any more. It has taken over a week to get rid of it all, the virus just didn't want to go!

Yesterday I spent the day organizing my genealogy, well at least it is all within two bank boxes. I still plan on burning some CDs with info once I get more of it organized and make some more layouts. I am still hoping to find some more info too.

I find lots of help and links at about.com, and one I found today was good on setting up your family history. It explains how geography plays apart and the genealogy of the town is part of what made up regular life for families.

http://genealogy.about.com/od/basics/a/social_history.htm

2 comments:

Census said...

I am really sorry to hear about your virus...they play havoc with all our hard work!! I have started using Firefox as my browser and it seems to be working well. It is meant to be safer than IE. I hate changing things like this when I am used to something but the change so far has been quite easy...and if it's safer it gets my vote!!
Storage on genealogy is always a minefield!! Technology moves on and it is time consuming keeping all our stuff upto date so that it can still be accessed. I always keep my Family Group Sheets and paper stuff too...belt and braces again!! Lol!

Census said...

Just thought I'd mention that I changed to Mozilla Firefox as my browser as the security is much better than IE. Having said that there is an update for IE that is just out and is meant to be more secure. Perhaps one of those will help. It's worth a try to stop the nasties!!